THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN #7-Visit Tokyo!

TOKYO!

Kinda late post, so sorry for that.
So, here is my short trip to Tokyo in last January. You will realize how cheap Tokyo is.

Well, as I wrote to my previous post that now I'm currently living in Tsuruoka, Yamagata prefecture (Northern Japan). If you look at the map Tsuruoka and Tokyo is pretty much far. In fact, I spend more than 10 hours for Tokyo and as I'm student who love cheap travel so that I use Ju-Hachi-Kippu. Ju-Hachi-Kippu (18 ticket) is cheap ticket produced by JR line which made for high school student in Japan to provide their cheap travel to any places in Japan. It was long time ago and now people in general love this ticket, cause it's cheap. As always, price is quality. Get ready to be tired using this facility cause you will need to get down in every station and change train. You can imagine how tired it is when you have to travel from Northern to Southern Japan, like I did. But it's me, with my backpacker soul :D

I visited some spots around Tokyo before finally I get down to my main destination, Tokyo Tower!

And first place was Yokohama!

Just arrived in Yokohama and time for lunch. The nearest spot for food was China Town. Good choice!
Have small walk nearby China Town, you will easily find this spot. Sorry, I can't remember exactly the name of its place but pretty much nice view to be captured
This beautiful sea (Pacific Ocean, I guess) could be good for your eyes
Or by watching some flying birds
And that's why, this spot is nice place for this..
or this :)
Still stay in Yokohama, by walk about 15 minutes you will find Minato Mirai. Here check the night look!
What I see, it looks like Ancol in Jakarta or Trans Studio in  Makassar or Bandung, Indonesia. 
This illumination is nice view you can see if you walk for 10 minutes lo Landmark Plaza. A big mall next to Minato Mirai and you will find some places to eat and drink. Well then I had my dinner in KFC there.
Time for Tokyo Tower is coming. From Yokohama, you can reach city of Tokyo by 10 minutes less. From station to Tokyo Tower is quite far, it's like 30 minutes walk.

It's been so lucky seeing this memorable yew year ceremony in Zojoji temple
And that's Zajoji Temple and Tokyo Tower! Yeah!
Since I have no place to sleep that night, so I decide to go back to the station and sleep there. Here what I was look like. So terrible!
That was me! Yes! in red jacket! It was terrible night, so cold and I have to sleep on the floor. Aarrgghh!
MORNING comes!!!
Time for sightseeing! My first destination was Meguro. Why Meguro? Because Indonesian Embassy and Tokyo University is there. But what I got was nothing. Tokyo University is so far away from the station and local people said that it's not easy for walk, so then only Indonesian embassy at least better than nothing. I asked local people where the location probably is and he showed me the map and get ready to go as his direction. Walking 10 minutes, 15 minutes, an hour, it's nothing. There is no Indonesian Embassy as he said. But don't give up girl! Think of meeting other Indonesian, visit nice home like embassy, get registered yourself was somehow come up in my mind and ask me to keep walking. My leg was too tired, it can't be moved anymore till I found this!
Finally! 
But you know, doing walk for sightseeing is so nice time! You will meet people, find good place, seeing something new and everything more beautiful. Like I found these during my walk to embassy!
The most exclusive car I have ever seen, as Taxi!
Lunch target! :)
It will never be found in Indonesia :( The police riding bicycle!
Malaysian furniture shop
Can't believe I found Indonesian restaurant as well. I was so unlucky! Since it's still the first day of new year so all restaurants are close :(
Someday I have to have this kind of business :D
Next! SHIBUYA!

Hachiko statue. Good boy :')
Some cool stuffs are there. Like...
This,
This,
This,
or this cute lonely boy :p
Another spot was, HARAJUKU! This is my favorite, indeed! I love this place with its cos play. And my first impression was, this city is so unique. Let's check what I got!
The station inside forest. Sorry for unclear picture. Let me explain what makes it different. First, check out from station never be done by human, almost all by machine, but look at that guy with uniform. Second, when you walked out, all you can see is trees. I just love this differences.

You are not stepping your foot in Harajuku if you don't visit this place. Called Takeshita street. When all shops are open and targeting costumers in cheap price. 

No wonder it's pretty crowded. Don't forget your deodorant :p
 Now, let's move to AKIHABARA! If Harajuku is famous with its fashion, Akihabara is another cool spot in Tokyo with its gadget. Any gadget, mobile, computer, PSP, anything. Including AKB48 which I have to visit their fan shop :D

You will be able to imagine how cool Akihabara is by looking at those game shops

They are more than hundreds

Nice girls in front door

Can you guys see it in my back? The AKB48 SHOP! :D
Time goes by so fast and time for home. Two night exploring Tokyo is never been enough. There are hundreds, thousands cool spots to be visited, what to do, class has to begin and winter break should be finished soon.
Thank you for reading my story and another one will always come, inshaAllah :)

Big thanks for my companions :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN #8-Hanami (Sakura party)

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN: Pemandangan kota

Rock Festival of Agriculture in Tsuruoka, 29 September 2013